a public plea for a particularly presumptious pal...
29.08.2007 -17 °C
My bestfriend, Potcholo, is single.
According to him, he often feels that life is incomplete as he is without a boyfriend.
I point out to him that he has lots of friends. He just replies, "Eeeeeeeeeh."
Potcholo says it's a mystery as to why he is single.
He has often enumerated to me a few of his many positive characteristics:
1) He says he isn't bad-looking (you be the judge). I don't think he's bad-looking. He kinda looks feline with his arched eyebrows and his cat-who-ate-the-canary smile.
2) He says he's funny. And I admit, I do have tons of laughs with him. Usually, when we're in the mall, he holds my hand and we pretend that we're lovers out for a stroll. People usually gawk at us, a tall fat guy holding hands with a buff moreno guy. Or when we're shopping for groceries, he links arms with me and we pretend to be a "normal" straight couple buying expensive food for a fabulous dinner party. He, of course, plays the white picket fence-wife.
3) He's a good dancer. And he is, in a strip-club kinda way. Para siyang pole dancer kung sumayaw paminsan. And when we dance, he changes his name to Patricia and we have a mock conversation pretending to be strangers in a bar.
4) He's a good cook. I love his pasta. It's really quite famous. I once made pasta for him. When he tasted it, his only comment was "Eh."
5) He is religious. In fact, he is so religious, he often cries in church. Really! It's true.
I keep telling Potcholo to be patient. That there's someone out there that's right for him.
"Antagal naman, beks! Gusto ko na magka-boyfriend!" blurts Potcholo.
"Eh di ikaw naman manligaw!" I advise him.
"Haller!! What kind of a girl do you think I am?" Potcholo shrieks.